Trying to come up new snack ideas that fit your allergy needs? This list of snacks are free from all top eight allergens and easy to grab anytime of day.
Certain brands of beef sticks, protein bites, chips, seeds, granola bars, cookies, fruit pouches, rice cakes, and popcorn are free from top 8 allergens. Besides fruits and vegetables, I’ll share some of our favorite brands for gluten free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, and egg free snacks below.
Favorite Granola Bars
- Enjoy Life Chewy Bars (click to check current price on Amazon) Every flavor is good, but the Cocoa Loco tastes like a brownie and is my favorite. These are good granola bars if you’re looking for a sweet allergy-friendly snack.
- Go Raw Pumpkin Seed Bar (click to check current price on Amazon) These seed bars are a favorite for when we’re looking for a healthier, allergy-friendly bar with less sugar.
- Go Raw Cookie Crisps (click to check current price on Amazon) Go Raw makes a healtheir cookie we like made without top allergens. These are a crunchy ‘cookie’ that gets their sweetness from dates.
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies (click to check current price on Amazon) These are the gluten, dairy, nut, and soy free version of traditional soft and sweet chocolate chip cookies. Some allergy-friendly cookies taste ‘healthy,’ but these are not that type of cookie. These are super sweet!
Favorite Fruit and Vegetable Pouches
- Peter Rabbit Organics (click to check current price on Amazon) These fruit and veggie pouches are stashed in our diaper bag, van, and my purse. Kids approve of the taste and parents approve of the organic ingredients.
- GoGo Squeez (click to check current price on Amazon) These are more your traditional applesauce pouches. They’re all fruit, pouches are a little smaller, and a bit cheaper than the Peter Rabbits brand.
Favorite Beef Sticks
- Mission Meats Kids Beef Sticks (click to check price on Amazon) This is another top 8 allergy-free snack for kids we have stashed everywhere. They’re made with 100% grass fed beef and without MSG, nitrites, or nitrates. We like the Jalapeno full-size beef sticks too, but the kids think they’re spicy.
- Chomps Beef Sticks (click to check price on Amazon). If you want a beef stick brand that has more flavors and options, Chomps makes Jalapeno, Cranberry Habanero, Turkey, and Venison sticks.
- EPIC Protein Bars (click to check price on Amazon). These are another nut-free, gluten-free and allergy-friendly snack that’s loaded with protein from different meats. There’s Bison, Lamb, Chicken, Beef, Venison, Wild Boar and more. Just avoid the Salmon one if you’re allergic to fish.
Favorite Seeds and Fruit Trail Mixes
- Go Raw Pumpkin Seeds and Goji Berries is my go-to combination for our homemade organic trail mix without extra ingredients.
- Enjoy Life Seed & Fruit Mix (click to check current price on Amazon) For a pre-made trail mix that’s nut free, Enjoy Life makes a yummy combination.
Favorite Chips and Popcorn
- Siete Tortilla Chips (click to check current price on Amazon) These grain-free chips don’t last long in our house, hence why I don’t have a picture. 🙂 These are the best healthy ‘Doritos’ alternative I’ve found. There’s Dairy Free Nacho, Ranch, Lime and more.
- Lesser Evil Popcorn (click to check current price on Amazon) Another go-to snack is popcorn. These individual packages are great for school lunches.
If you have a peanut or tree nut allergy, be sure to check out Is Popcorn Nut Free to find the nut-free popcorn brands.
Always Check Food Labels Yourself
Ingredients and manufacturing procedures can change over time. Please recheck food labels to make sure they fit your dietary needs before eating.
I am a constantly-researching food allergy mom. However, I am not a medical professional and nothing on this blog should take the place of your doctor’s recommendations.