Looking for a healthy green smoothie with spinach that kids will eat? This smoothie recipe is one I’ve made hundreds of times for our toddlers and young kids, who have multiple food allergies and intolerances. It’s dairy-free, nut-free, and the perfect way to get lots of nutrients in an easy way!
For this healthy spinach smoothie for kids, you’ll need: spinach, avocado, green grapes, frozen banana, and water. Optional ingredients that add nutrients and great flavor are chopped celery, hemp seeds, lime juice, dairy-free milk, and frozen pineapple.
Tools for Amazing Smoothies for Kids
If you don’t have a professional-grade blender yet, they make a HUGE difference! I LOVE our Vitamix Blender and have even purchased it as a gift for others (I ordered both blenders from Amazon). A good blender is a must-have if you want to make smoothies a regular part of your meal plan!
Need some great cups for smoothies for kids? These Elk and Friends Stainless Steel Cups with Lids and Straws have been perfect for our toddlers, and these glass kids’ jars with silicone sleeves and lids would be perfect for a little older kids. They’re a huge time saver if you have kids prone to spilling.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup green grapes
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cup water or unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Juice of 1/2 lime (optional)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple (optional)
- Place all ingredients into blender. (With a Vitamix, put greens on the bottom, fresh fruits, veggies, and seeds in the middle, and frozen items on top. Finish with liquid.)
- Blend on high 1 minute or until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Best if served within 24 hours.